Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ben's Favorite Egg Salad

So Ben had a hankoring for egg salad and I had never made it before, so this was my first attempt.  I pulled several recipes together to make one that I knew he would like, as he's pretty picky on what type of "vegetables" (whispered so he won't hear) go into his food.  Here's what I ended up with:

Ben’s Favorite Egg Salad

This recipe can be doubled or tripled, easy!

4 hard boiled eggs

1/3 cup of mayonnaise (or less if you prefer), I used Miracle Whip

1 tbsp of good quality Dijon mustard

Salt and black pepper to taste

Dried onion, reconstituted to your taste

(I used about 1 tablespoon)

Pinch cayenne pepper

Obviously add and subtract what you will.  I would like some finely chopped celery and maybe some small chunks of cheese, however, that is Ben's arch nemesis within the vegetable world.  I'm going to start working on hiding the veggies and he won't even know, nor will I.  Hope you enjoyed my first foodie blog.  Maybe there will be more.  Ben's already asking what else I will make him.  As if I don't cook already!  Adios!

No comments:

Contributors