Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

He is 3 months old today!  How time flies!  We had a visit with our new pediatrician in Ankeny, Dr. C.  She is AWESOME!  Gives tons of information, guidance on vaccinations, support...I just love her.  Aaron did a great job too, considering he hadn't had a real nap all day.  Yah, buddy!  Here's the stats:
24 1/4 inches long (60%), 13lbs 5oz (50%), and 16 3/4 inch head circumference (65%).  So...pretty average.  We talked about trying some pear juice to help with bowel movements.  Going to try 2 - 1oz bottles throughout the day of straight juice to see if that helps.  We have to try to incorporate this on top of his feedings, as we don't want to just give him empty calories.  Could prove challenging with the timing we deal with for medicine and the fact that he is pretty full after a bottle of formula.  The doc said he is growing well, everything is looking good and he was quite bright eyed for her.  Even gave a little smile.  She was glad that we are scheduled to see the Pediatric Gastroenterologist, which is next week.  She agreed that the bowel problems are of concern, especially now that he's 3 months old.  Hopefully they will be able to tell us some good news.  There are many possibilities, some of which are scary.  But I will not dwell on them now, as we don't know anything yet!  :)  Aaron also had some shots today.  I felt bad because I am altering his vaccine schedule which means more sticks.  But, I also have to tell myself I'm doing what I think is in the best interest of my child.  So every month until he's 7 months old...2 sticks at the doctor's office.  Hopefully he doesn't figure out the correlation by then or he is going to hate me.  I wish I could say he did great with shots but this time...not so much.  He SCREAMED!  I used to think he screamed before.  I was wrong.  Poor kiddo took 20 minutes to calm down enough just to eat a bottle, which significantly helped him relax.  Then the car ride home put him to sleep, which is what he is still doing almost 2 hours later.  Hope we don't have much/any reaction.  Last shots we were just a bit more sleepy and a little fussy but not too bad.  Crossing our fingers.
Aaron also had his 3 month pictures taken on Saturday.  He did a great job, despite still feeling a little crummy after having a little bug on Thursday/Friday!  Pictures will be available soon!  Here's a peak to tide you over.

Contributors