Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Coda is "Special"

I have come to the decision that Coda is "special."  I don't mean, oh he is so precious/What a special cat.  I mean, "Is there something wrong with him?  He seems a little...special."  You all may ask why I say such a horrible thing about my pet, who might as well be my own child.  Recently, my beliefs have been affirmed on a daily basis.
Coda often will meow, which yes, is normal for a cat,  however, he meows as if he is lost and is no where near us.  As you call him he will walk a few steps, meow again and then once we respond, will take another couple of steps towards the direction of our voice.  Like a sad version of Marco Polo from childhood.  As you can imagine, this is great fun when standing in the echoing hallways and stairwell and he cannot find which direction our voice is coming from.  Deliciously cruel, but hilariously entertaining as well.  Why have pets if you can mess with them, right?  
He also brings his "sqwishy" to bed with him each night.  Its a little ball with fuzzies sticking out of it, kinda like the newer beanie babies.  It reminds me of the puff ball that Horton heard the Who on and Coda talks to it and carries it around like it is something precious and special.  Again, adding to the "special" belief.  As I write this, he sits outside of the bedroom door, pretending not to fall asleep sitting up.  He is more entertainment than I ever bargained for and I can't wait to share more about my "Special" little boy!

No comments:

Contributors