Sunday, May 4, 2008

Angelfood Birthday

This is my birthday cake.  Yes, I made it for myself, but it is the cake I have had every year since I can remember and I wanted it!  My mom used to make this cake for me and I remember watching her put it all together and then hide it in the cake platter in the fridge.  I think YUM every time I see it so I wanted to share it with you all as my birthday fast approaches.

1 store bought Angelfood Cake (you can make one if you like, but to make it super easy you can buy it)
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 tub of cool whip, I used lite (tastes the same)
some powdered sugar to thicken up the cool whip
Cut the cake in half and put enough cherries to your liking in between the layers.  Then put the top of the cake back on.  Mix the tub of cool whip with powdered sugar, just enough to stiffen up the cool whip a bit so it won't run off of the cake.  Use too much and it will be slimy.  Use your best judgment.  (Mom didn't have a measurement for me!)  Cover the entire cake with your yummy cool whip frosting, including the inside.  Once finished, decorate the top with a few cherries and then put the remaining pie filling in the center of the cake.  Voila!  Quick easy and yummy desert.  Especially when you have guests coming and don't have time to spend baking!  Hope you enjoy my "birthday cake" as much as I do.  

No comments:

Contributors