Friday, May 16, 2008

Super Yummy Asian Salad

So I got a gift card for my birthday to Bed Bath and Beyond and couldn't think of something I absolutely needed, so I walked around the store for nearly an hour with poor Ben in tow to find enough stuff to spend $20.  Of course I found something and that something was a lettuce knife, among other things.  I then went out and bought a nice head of lettuce to try out the new knife.  This morning I got things all ready and chopped up my first head of lettuce with the new, might I say amazing, plastic serrated knife.  Now what, I thought, as it was only 10:30, well past breakfast, not near enough to lunch.  Eh....I was going to make a salad.  
Poking around the refrigerator, I found some leftover marinated chicken, asian toasted sesame dressing, carrot and almonds.  In the pantry was some mandarin oranges and the salad was complete.  I always shied away from adding fruit to my salad but I tell you it is the yummiest flavor when mixed with the sesame dressing and chicken.  It was the best meal I have made myself in the longest time!  Try it yourself...just add your favorites and presto....easy, healthy(depending on your favorites), delicious meal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those lettuce knives on a whim. I used it all the time, it does help keep that yucky rust off your lettuce.

Contributors