Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back into running!

So I haven't updated this in a long while regarding my exercise and running.  At the beginning of December, I joined Aspen here in Des Moines and have been back into my regular exercise routine.  I have been running 3 days a week for almost two whole months now and am up to 3 miles each run.  I am averaging 12 minute miles, which is a vast improvement from my 15+minute mile from October and the half marathon.  I am also still doing Curves three days a week also, which is helping the whole strength training issue.  I hate to say it but I wish I would have done this months ago.  My sister-in-law used to work at Aspen here in town before she moved back to Chicago.  If I would have listened to her, I may be better off but at least I'm there now!  I also bought a Body Bug, which is the calorie counter that the contestants use on Biggest Loser.  I have to say I don't think I would be making progress without it!  I keep track of my food, which I have done before, but this little guy keeps track of my calories burned.  So I can always make sure that I am in a calorie deficit to ensure weight loss.  I have never had success losing weight and getting healthy before.  I am so proud of my accomplishments thus far and can officially say that I have gotten out of the Obese BMI range.  Of course, I want to celebrate with a big dish of Cold Stone ice cream, but I think I will get a manicure or something instead.  Much better reward and definitely helps the motivation!  
Just wanted to update you all!  Best of luck to all of you out there with similar goals!  We all gotta stick together!

2 comments:

Amanda and Scott said...

Good for you Stacey! I am glad you are sticking with it. Exercising and dieting are such hard things to accomplish. I wish I had your motivation! How is school?

Anonymous said...

School is good. Busy, but still manageable. Maybe now that I don't have a job, it'll go even better! HAHA.

Contributors