Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Domestic Engineering

Today is my first day of not getting paid.  I had five days of vacation, which I used up as of the 17th and am now officially jobless.  I have since taken up Domestic Engineering in the Haylett household.  Since being home for nearly a week, I have gotten a lot done.  I feel busier than I was when I had a job!  I have painted both bedrooms and the carpets are getting cleaned tomorrow.  I have finished up my FAFSA for next year and have spent some quality time with friends.  I have also donated blood and will be heading to dentist in a week.  Whew!  
I am still applying for jobs but am able to pick up additional hours with respite clients and am hoping to continue doing so through summer to allow more freedom for school this summer.  Speaking of school, I have several papers due on Monday and hope to accomplish those tomorrow and Friday.  Painting has just taken up all of my time this week.  I'm glad to be busy as Ben is in Phoenix for work and I was concerned that I would be quite bored.  So far, loneliness has been minimal and I hate to admit I have been sleeping quite well in the queen-sized bed on my own!  
I'll post another update soon.  As for now, enjoy the weather!

No comments:

Contributors