Friday, August 20, 2010

FRIDAY and Progress

While I normally don't work a full Friday anyway, due to my typically 8+ hour days, today was even better.  I only had to work 2 hours this morning and it's almost like a three day weekend!  Boy do I need it! I've been pretty tired lately and actually sleeping pretty hard most nights, so rest sounds like the right solution.  We are 23 1/2 weeks down, with only 16 1/2 weeks left to go, assuming this Lil Apple comes on time.  We did not find out what we are having in terms of gender and are excited about the surprise.  The unfortunate part of this is that all clothing we have received is green, yellow or some variation thereof.  But it's baby clothes so they are cute either way.  We keep forgetting to take pictures on a weekly basis but there is not much of a bump to share, so you'll have to live without those pictures.  We do have Ultrasound pictures and Ben posted them here: Ultrasound Baby Haylett.  We are looking forward to December already, and NOT for weather related reasons.  We are starting to stock up on diapers and I'm questioning my thrifty store brand theory when it comes to these important items.  Any suggestions from current parents regarding diapers, wipes and if Brand name is worth it regarding these items?  I look forward to hearing the responses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats again Stacey, it's so exciting! As for diaper brands--we used the pampers swaddlers for a while, and I felt like they were worth the extra. The swaddlers have (or at least had, I know they changed their cruisers) this netting in them that really pulled the mess away from the baby's skin and I think it helped prevent diaper rash. Diaper rash is not fun, and is really worth preventing. Also, most stores will exchange diapers, so if you tape the receipt to the boxes you can exchange them if you need a different size. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Contributors