Thursday, November 11, 2010

There's never any time!

These past few days, I feel like I haven't had time to think about anything other than all of the things that I need/want to get done.  My "to do" list consists of making meals, finishing washing baby clothes, making sure I have enough bottle nipples, packing a hospital bag, installing the car seat, doing homework, going to meetings, typing up case notes, planning for maternity leave, panicking about all there is to do and keep track of!  Whew!  Trying to stay current on everything at work is probably THE most exhausting.  I don't want to leave anything hanging and keeping up with that each day makes for a stressful week.  I left early today to get some R&R, but ended up finishing up shopping off the registry, put together a storage cabinet, make another meal to freeze, unwrapped all the new stuff from our most recent shower, did another load of laundry, packed most of the bags for the hospital and added some more things to the "to do" list.  In packing our bags, I started to think about the things I needed and the things that I didn't really need.  That's where YOU come in.  For those who have some experience in this area...or have heard from those who have experience...what do I REALLY need to take with me?  What don't I need?  Any help would be great!  Thanks!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This is what I brought:
1. slippers & robe
2. camera & laptop
3. something to watch dvds or something on your computer
4. nursing bra & nursing shirt
5. clothes for yourself & baby --I changed out of my gown right after the delivery. I preferred to wear my own clothes.
6. I was starving after the delivery and Alex had to drive around at 10 pm trying to find something opened so I could eat. Bring snacks!
7. Your own toiletries so you can shower and feel comfortable.
8. If you have a baby book bring that --they put the girls's footprints right in there for us.

This is the list off the top of my head. If I think of anything else I will let you know. It is so exciting that it is almost baby time!

Contributors