Thursday, December 2, 2010

Best Laid Plans

So...we had our last doctor appointment today.  I say last because they plan on inducing me on Wednesday, December 8th, assuming that I do not go into labor between now and then.  They decided that if we go until due date or after, baby will be getting "too big."  At our appointment today, it was determined that baby is approximately 8lbs10oz, plus or minus a pound based on the ultrasound.  Heartrate was around 140 and everything seems to be growing well, with 3cm of dilation and good thinning of the cervix.  Yes, TMI, but you know you wanted to ask.  Since there is a possibility that this kiddo could be near 10 pounds next week already, they are giving me a choice:  Schedule a c-section or schedule an induction.  As our preference was neither, we went for the most natural, inducing.  We go in on Wednesday, December 8th at 6:30am for our Pitocin drip to start labor.  Assuming all goes well with that, we will meet our little one within the day or shortly into the next day!  I wasn't nervous until they gave us an exact date.  While I'm more nervous and excited, I also feel like I have a day to work up to, instead of leaving the office each day saying, "Well, maybe I'll see you tomorrow!"  I feel like I can plan coverage and concerns for my caseload and be "prepared."  As prepared as one can be...right?  I have a few things to finish up for class, but now I know my deadline and have talked with my teachers who are understanding and flexible in working with me for due dates and deadlines.  Okay...now back to finishing up my work!  Just wanted to update the blogosphere for those who have been anxiously awaiting the news!

No comments:

Contributors