Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am broken...

Apparently the reason that I have not been a runner all of these years is because my body says so.  After nearly 2 months of running, my back has been out for nearly a week and my knee is suffering from some chronic pain and is progressively feeling worse, much like a knife being ever so gently inserted above and to the right of my kneecap as it bends.  At least this week will be a break from any activity except maybe trying out Curves on Friday to keep working on building the muscles around my knee if that will help.  
This is probably the most frustrating part of the whole thing.  I'm afraid that I am going to end up with pain for the rest of my life.  I don't want to be one of those people who hobble around and accept the pain that they have been dealt.  There has to be something that can make me feel better right?  I'm waiting to have my knee looked at until my back is at least 75% for fear that something will be messed up there, also.
Why did I decide to be ambitious?

No comments:

Contributors