Monday, August 18, 2008

I Love My Car

So this past tank of gas has gotten me an average of almost 54mpg, despite driving mostly interstate, as well as highway and in town.  i do feel that I am now spoiled by this amazing mileage, as anything under 50 to me seems like a disappointment.  
I have been doing experiments with different gasoline and have since found that BP gas, with the new "Invigorate" has been giving me the best MPG, while Casey's has been the worst.  I have not yet tried Wal-Mart or HyVee but feel that it is not necessary to test these since I believe they run on par with Casey's.  This test is obviously not scientific but I have been putting in two tanks full of the same "brand" in a row and thus far BP is doing it for me.  Last month I drove 3300 miles and only spent $260 in fuel!  Prior to last month, my average was 2400 miles, spending almost $400.  I believe, despite the value of the car depreciating quickly with so many miles already on the car, it is the best purchase we have made so far.  

No comments:

Contributors