Saturday, August 16, 2008

YUM YUM

I made banana bread yesterday...and it was good.  My mom gave me an America's Test Kitchen cookbook and I've used it for just about everything.  The recipe called for plain yogurt, however I don't ever have any...so I used Yoplait Light Apple something or other and all I have to say is YUM YUM.  It did need to cook a little longer than the 55 minutes advised in the book but I must say, I am glad that I didn't get around to eating those bananas when they were ready.  Even Ben liked it and ever since a banana oatmeal incident, he is not so keen on banana anything.  

In other news, my back if feeling better.  It seems that flip flops are aggravating the pain so I am on the hunt for more supportive sandals so I don't have to wear tennis shoes all summer long.  I am not a fan of socks unless it is winter and it is most definitely not.  My knee on the other hand, continues to be a mystery.  It still is painful and almost getting worse by not running on it.  The mornings are the worst and causes pain all around it but as the day goes on, it improves slightly and I am able to put more pressure on it.  So far, we are thinking I need to build up my quad muscle and see if that makes a difference but if this continues, I think I'm going to actually see a doctor regarding my pain.  I've never known lack of exercise to cause an issue.  *shrugs*  

No other real big news.  Just going out to a couple of garage sales today to see if we can find any decent furniture without spending a fortune.  My hopes are not high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sour cream is a great sub for yogurt too. Just to let you know I am SO JEALOUS about your ATK cookbook!

Contributors